Professional Land Surveyor
Stuntzner is seeking a professional land surveyor to lead the next phase of growth for its Coos Bay Survey Department. Step into a well-established practice and, literally, put your own stamp on it.
Work can be performed via a combination of remote and on-site work. Employee’s primary location options include any of Stuntzner’s three offices: Coos Bay, Forest Grove or Junction City. Whichever location is the best lifestyle fit. From Coos Bay lead a team by day and enjoy the ocean, the bayfront, and a multitude of outdoor recreational activities in your leisure time. Forest Grove offers an ideal mix of rural and urban, and Junction City is close, but not too close, to Oregon & Oregon State. Candidates who elect to work outside of Coos Bay must be able to communicate and work well with their support staff remotely and periodically work from Coos Bay to best observe, develop, and advance the team’s field capabilities.
- Supervise survey field crews and office technicians located in our Coos Bay office, either in person or remotely, dependent upon desired home office location.
- Prepare mapping/computations for cadastral/boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, topographic surveys, and construction staking.
- Accurately & efficiently performing land survey work for both public and private clients on time and within budget
- Prepare cost estimates and write proposals.
- Work adjacent to, and collaborate with, our forestry and planning departments.
- Leverage the skills and experience of other survey professionals in our satellite offices.
- Registered as a Professional Land Surveyor in the State of Oregon
- If licensed in another state, there will be a 6 month probationary period allowed for obtaining an Oregon license
- Knowledgeable in all phases of land surveying and map preparation.
- Proficient with survey instruments including Trimble GNSS, total stations & levels.
- Proficient with industry tools including TDS, AutoCAD and/or Carlson Survey.
- Adept at proposal writing, project estimating and negotiations skills.
- Five plus year practical field experience leading crews.
Stuntzner offers competitive benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401K with employer match
- Paid holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Continuing education
- Flexible work schedules
Salary starting at $95,000 per year, negotiable based on experience and achievement of goals. Moving allowance and/or signing bonus also available. Incentive bonus monthly based on division profits.
To apply, send resumes to our Office Manager, Rachel Boynton at email@example.com or mail to
PO Box 118
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Updated May 5, 2023